“We are so excited to welcome the ‘Ship of Gold’ back to the Long Beach Expo,” said PCGS President Stephanie Sabin. “The S.S. Central America is a Gold Rush-era ship that went down in 1857 with tons of gold coins and gold bars. Many of these national treasures have been recovered in recent decades, and we are proud that $15 million of this rare gold will be on exhibit at the Long Beach Expo. Seeing these gold coins and bars, in addition to other recovered artifacts, like a pair of gold-mining jeans, will leave attendees in a state of awe.”
There are many other attractions at the June Long Beach Expo, including:
- Onsite grading and authentication for coins and banknotes by Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS)
- Onsite grading of sports cards and memorabilia by Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA)
- Free Kids’ Treasure Hunt with prizes on Saturday, June 24, 2023
- Daily giveaways of valuable coins, banknotes, and sports collectibles
- Meet the Expert sessions with —
- Steve Feltner, PCGS Director of Numismatic Education & Grading Team Leader
- Philip Thomas, PCGS PCGS Banknote Specialist & Research Manager
- Dan Wulkan of Memory Lane
- Young Collector’s Corner with activities for young collectors
- And much more
*Check the attractions page for times/dates of individual attractions.
Attendees can enjoy free admission to the Long Beach Expo with a PCGS Collectors Club membership, which is also required for all PCGS submissions. Those who are not members can join ahead of the convention by visiting https://www.pcgs.com/join.
The Long Beach Expo will be held Thursday, June 22 through Saturday, June 24. Doors are open 10 a.m. through 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 22, and Friday, June 23, and 10 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 24. The Long Beach Expo will take place at the Long Beach Convention Center – Hall C, 300 E. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, California 90802. For more information, please visit longbeachexpo.com.
About Long Beach Expo
Since 1964, the Long Beach Expo (LBE) has been the leading international trade show in the coin, banknote, stamp, and sports collectibles industry held by Expos Unlimited. Located in Long Beach, California, the Long Beach Expo brings together more than 10,000 dealers and collectors worldwide at its three shows held three times per year, hosted by Expos Unlimited, a division of Collectors Universe and a sister company of Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner and Coinflation. To learn more about the Long Beach Expo, visit www.longbeachexpo.com or follow on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.