By Joshua McMorrow-Hernandez
The Long Beach Expo is one of the largest and longest-running coin shows and collectibles conventions in Southern California, where it’s been held since 1964. A triannual coin and collectibles show, the Long Beach Expo is usually held in February, June, and September each year, and features hundreds of coin dealers, banknote dealers, sports card and memorabilia dealers, and other collectibles vendors.
The Long Beach Expo collectibles show in Southern California hosts awesome events and exhibits like the shipwreck treasure from the S.S. Central America, known as
“The Ship of Gold.”
The event lures thousands of collectors from all around the United States and beyond. There is simply no other collectibles trade show like it anywhere in California. But that’s not the only reason to visit the Long Beach Expo. Here are 10 more reasons why you should visit the Long Beach Expo:
- Amazing exhibits – The Long Beach Expo has hosted an incredible array of headlining exhibits, including the multimillion-dollar Tyrant coin collection, sunken treasure from the S.S. Central America (a.k.a. “The Ship of Gold”), the United States Mint, and many others.
- Onsite grading – At the Long Beach Expo, top-tier collectibles grading firms Professional Coin Grading Service and Professional Sports Authenticator give attendees the opportunity to submit their collectibles for grading right at the show!
- Meet The Expert sessions – One of the most popular attractions at the Long Beach Expo are Meet the Expert sessions with coin professionals, sports card graders, and other collectibles experts who will meet with you one-on-one to answer questions about your treasures.
- Auction lot viewings – The Long Beach Expo typically headlines a major auction, with many of the most valuable and exciting lots available for in-person viewing right at the show.
- Free prizes – Daily drawings of rare coins, sought-after cards, and other cool collectibles are held every day at the Long Beach Expo collectibles show in Southern California. But, remember – you must be present to win!
- Kids activities – There’s something for everyone at the Long Beach Expo, including the kiddos! Bring the whole family and go on a fun treasure hunt together where you can unveil cool trivia and win free prizes.
- Guest stars – The Long Beach Expo has been known to draw some of the biggest movers and shakers in the sports and entertainment worlds to meet with collectors and sign autographs.
- Convenience to so many things – The Long Beach Expo takes place at the Long Beach Convention Center, which – if you don’t know – is literally in the middle of it all in the Los Angeles area without being in the middle of it all… Just another reason so many people visit this popular collectibles trade show in Southern California.
- Making connections – Thousands of collectors show up to each Long Beach Expo, as do experts from Professional Coin Grading Service, Professional Sports Authenticator, and so many other major players from around the collectibles world. Talk about a chance to do some networking!
- Making memories – Ultimately, the Long Beach Expo is built around the idea of having fun while building your collection. So come on out and see what the Long Beach Expo is all about.
The Long Beach Expo collectibles show in Southern California offers Meet the Expert sessions, where you can bring your treasures for evaluation by experts from many different collectibles industries. Courtesy of the Long Beach Expo.
Want to visit the Long Beach Expo? Find out more information about this exciting coin, sports, and collectibles convention in Southern California and plan your visit!